- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 pounds fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 quarts lobster stock
- 1 can pumpkin purée
- 1 Cup white wine
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 1 Cup crème fraîche
- 3/4 Cups cream sherry
- 2 Cups ooked lobster meat, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 Cup toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
In a stockpot, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, ginger, and fresh pumpkin. Sauté for 15 minutes
Add the stock, pumpkin puréee, and wine. Bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the pumpkin is tender and soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, cream, crème fraiche, and sherry.
Pureé the soup in the pot using a hand blender or working in batches with a regular blender until smooth.
Stir in the lobster meat and season with salt and pepper.
Garnish each serving with toasted pumpkin seeds.