- 1 Pound small russet potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 Cups diced fresh ripe tomato
- 2/3 Cups small fresh mozzarella pearls
- 2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup snipped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and lightly oil or spray with olive oil cooking spray.
Slice potatoes 1/4-inch thick and discard small, rounded ends. Place in a medium bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss well to coat. Add cheese, salt, and red pepper and toss again to coat as evenly as possible. Place in a single layer on baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes.
While potatoes are cooking, stir together remaining oil, tomatoes, mozzarella, balsamic, and garlic in a medium bowl. Top potatoes with equal amounts of tomato mixture and bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is just starting to melt; sprinkle with basil. Serve warm or at room temperature.