Pomegranate liqueur adds a bright, slightly tart, fruit-forward flavor to this variation on mulled wine from New Leaf Restaurant & Bar. While some mulled wines are very sweet, this wintertime treat has more balanced flavors thanks to the pomegranate. Make a large batch for a party, and serve one to each of your guests when they come in from the cold. — Allison Beck
- 2 ounces pomegranate liqueur, preferably Pama
- 6 ounces Cabernet Sauvignon (or another red wine of your liking)
- ½ ounce honey
- Cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Clove-studded orange slice, for garnish
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
Gently heat together the liqueur, wine, honey, orange slice, and cinnamon stick. Pour into a glass. Garnish with nutmeg and serve immediately.