PointsPlus Super Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
There's nothing quite like chicken noodle soup, and sometimes circumstances just call for a big, heaping bowl of the good stuff. Add a little brown rice or quinoa to make this into a meal, or just serve it as is with some warm crusty bread.
- 2 salted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 1/2 salt
- Two 32-ounce cartons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pasta, such as ditalini
- 10 frozen mixed vegetables, such as peas, carrots, corn, and green beans
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 grated Parmesan
- 2 lemon juice
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1/4 chopped chives (optional)
Melt the butter in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add the broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the pasta, frozen vegetables, and tomatoes. Cook until the pasta is done, about 7 minutes.
Stir in the chicken, Parmesan, lemon juice, remaining salt, pepper, and chives, if using. Cook 1 more minute to heat through, remove from heat, and serve.