PointsPlus Stir-Fried Chicken with Broccoli, Red Peppers, and Cashews Recipe
Turn this chicken stir fry into a complete and healthy protein-packed meal with a little bit of brown or wild rice on the side. Crisp-tender broccoli and chopped cashews lend a distinctive crunch to this fried chicken recipe.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
- 3 medium-sized cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 20 roasted unsalted cashews, chopped roughly
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of the vegetable oil, ½ teaspoon of the sesame oil, ginger, and garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry until starting to brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Add the remaining vegetable oil, sweet red pepper, and broccoli to the same skillet and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the chicken back to the skillet, pour in the soy sauce and cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring, about 2 more minutes. Toss with the remaining sesame oil. Top with the cashews and serve.