PointsPlus South African Curried Spinach with Peanuts Recipe
Salted peanuts are a welcome addition to this exotic side dish and add a satisfying crunch. Try serving this with some grilled fresh fish or rotisserie chicken for a delicious meal.
- 32 ounces frozen baby spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
Cook the spinach according to package directions. Drain well in a colander and squeeze out any remaining liquid.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon of the salt, curry powder, and ginger. Cook until the onion is softened, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
Add the drained spinach, remaining salt, coconut milk, and lime juice. Stir to combine and heat through. Top with the peanuts and cilantro just before serving.