PointsPlus Mexican Clementine and Jicama Salsa
Here's a colorful and refreshing fruit and vegetable salsa that works great either served with just some tortilla chips or as a healthy topping for grilled fish or chicken. This recipe can be made several days in advance — the jicama retains its crunch nicely.
- 12 small seedless clementines, peeled and chopped coarsely*
- 3/4 medium-sized jicama, peeled and chopped finely
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1 medium-sized jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the clementines, jicama, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, and salt. Pour over the clementine mixture and toss to combine.