This potato-and-sausage casserole is an excellent make-ahead brunch recipe. Spice it up with low-fat Mexican cheese and hot-Italian sausage.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 8 ounces raw turkey sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a medium square or rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Place potatoes and then vegetables in a baking dish; top with sausage.
In a small bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, salt, and pepper; pour over sausage and then sprinkle with cheese.
Bake until casserole is hot and cheese is browned, about 45 minutes. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.