- 3 boards matzoh, broken into 1-1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar, in the raw or regular sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 large banana, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
Place the matzoh in a colander in the sink and hold under cold running water for 30 seconds to dampen. Drain well and set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together the egg, egg whites, cinnamon, salt, and sugar. Add the matzoh, stirring gently to coat.
In a 9-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Pour matzoh mixture into a skillet in an even layer and cook until bottom is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip over with spatula (matzoh brei may break into pieces, which is fine). Cooking until eggs are set and second side is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt, banana slices, and blueberries.