- 6 1/2 Ounces natural Angus beef, preferably P.J. Clarke's Meyer beef, ground
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 hamburger bun
- 1 slice yellow American cheese, preferably Land O'Lakes
- 2 slices cooked smoked bacon, preferably Heritage
- 1 slice Spanish onion
- Lettuce leaf, for garnish
- Slice of tomato, for garnish
- 1 Kosher dill pickle spear
Gently mold the beef into a round hamburger patty. Heat a flat top griddle to medium-high, place the burger down, and sprinkle the top side generously with salt. Allow one side to sear for up to 4 minutes without moving.
Flip burger and allow to sear for another 4 minutes without moving. Do not press the hamburger while searing on either sides. Place the cheese on top of the burger and allow to melt, about 1 minute. Place onion slices on bottom half of bun, and place cooked cheeseburger on top. Arrange the bacon slices on top of burger and garnish with lettuce and tomato, if desired. Serve with a side of pickle.