Pickapeppa Sauce Pulled Chicken
Pickapeppa sauce is one of Jamaica's most cherished treasures, and this recipe uses it to marinated and braise chicken thighs to create flavorful and tender pulled chicken.
* Pickapeppa sauce is a Jamaican specialty. Visit the website to read more.
** Visit Walkerswood's website to read more about their jerk sauce.
- 2-3 Pounds skinless chicken breasts, rib intact
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Ounces Pickapeppa Sauce*
- 1 Tablespoon jerk sauce, preferably Walkerswood**
- 3 dashes of hot sauce
- One 12-ounce bottle of ginger beer
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Combine the Pickapeppa Sauce, jerk sauce, hot sauce, and olive oil in a small bowl and mix.
Coat the chicken breasts with the sauce and let sit at room temperature for a half-hour. Add the chopped onions and garlic to a Crock-Pot or slow cooker and then pour in the ginger beer.
Add the chicken breasts, cover, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
When done, shred the chicken breasts, be careful to remove any bones, and add in a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid to moisten. Serve on rolls or not, and top with any remaining Pickapeppa sauce you might have.