* Pickapeppa sauce is a Jamaican specialty. Visit the website to read more.
** Visit Walkerswood's website to read more about their jerk sauce.
- 2-3 Pounds skinless chicken breasts, rib intact
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 Ounces Pickapeppa Sauce*
- 1 Tablespoon jerk sauce, preferably Walkerswood**
- 3 dashes of hot sauce
- One 12-ounce bottle of ginger beer
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
Combine the Pickapeppa Sauce, jerk sauce, hot sauce, and olive oil in a small bowl and mix.
Coat the chicken breasts with the sauce and let sit at room temperature for a half-hour. Add the chopped onions and garlic to a Crock-Pot or slow cooker and then pour in the ginger beer.
Add the chicken breasts, cover, and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
When done, shred the chicken breasts, be careful to remove any bones, and add in a few tablespoons of the cooking liquid to moisten. Serve on rolls or not, and top with any remaining Pickapeppa sauce you might have.