Whole Green Circle Chicken: http://www.dartagnan.com/whole-green-circle-chicken/product/FCGCW001C-1....
- 1 Green Circle Chicken, about 3lbs
- 2 Tablespoons Duck fat
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Remove neck and giblets from the chicken cavity. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
2. Generously season, inside and out, with coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper. Truss chicken with butcher's string. Rub softened duck fat over the skin. Place on a rack in heavy roasting pan. Roast for about 1 hour, or until chicken is golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 160 degrees F.
3. Remove chicken from the oven and allow to rest on a cutting board for about 10 minutes.