Peanutty Pie Crust Clusters
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box, such as Pillsbury
- 1 12-ounce bag white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening, such as Crisco Baking Sticks Butter Flavor
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter, such as Jif
- 1 Cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 2/3 Cups toffee bits
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper.
Unroll the pie crust on work surface. With a pizza cutter or knife, cut the pie crust into 16 rows by 16 rows to make small squares. Arrange the squares in a single layer on a large ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until light golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the squares from the pan to a cooling rack. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
In a large microwavable bowl, microwave the baking chips, shortening, and peanut butter uncovered on High, stirring once, until chips can be stirred smooth, 1 to 1½ minutes. Add the pie crust squares, peanuts, and toffee bits; stir gently until evenly coated. Immediately drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. (If the mixture gets too thick, microwave on High 15 seconds; stir.) Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Store covered.