Here's an easy trick to add moistness to your baked goods: add a little Greek yogurt. This recipe from Chobani Greek Yogurt adds it to a mixture of flour, eggs, sugar, and apple pie spice for unique and fruity carrot muffins.
- 1 1/4 Cup peach Greek yogurt, such as Peach 0% Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup grated carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, apple pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
In a food processor, pulse the yogurt, carrots, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix into the flour mixture, then stir in the raisins.
Divide the batter among a greased or paper cup-lined 12 cup muffin tin. Bake until golden-brown, about 25-28 minutes.