Pasta Salad with Chicken or Turkey
This is a great pasta salad that includes cooked chicken or turkey along with other vegetables and white beans.
- 1/2 Cup olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 Cup pitted black olives, sliced in half
- One 16-ounce can cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 Cup basil, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Cups bow-tie pasta
- 1 Cup mixed salad greens
In a jar or cruet, whisk olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken or turkey, tomatoes, olives, beans, basil, and bell pepper. Stir in the pasta. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Stir in the salad greens, and serve.