Pasta Fagioli Salad Recipe
Pasta and beans — they’re a classic combination in Italian cooking, savory and sweet together in one dish. This quick pasta salad is based on that pairing. The dressing uses a basil-infused oil; look for it among the flavored and nut oils at your supermarket. Best of all, the salad can be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to four days, ready when you are.
- 8 ounces penne
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons basil-flavored olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- One 15 ½-ounce can cannellini beans or other white beans, drained and rinsed
- One 12-ounce package frozen green beans, thawed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
Bring a pot of water to boil over high heat. Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool. Drain.
Combine the vinegar and the next 5 ingredients (through Worcestershire sauce) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add the pasta and the remaining ingredients. Toss until coated.