Pan-Fried Masala Green Beans
Pan-fried masala green beans are eaten on India's East coast. Although fresh beans are used in Indian households, this recipe utilizes frozen whole green beans for a quick side dish that'll go great with curried chicken or fish.
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 Cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 16 Ounces frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder
Heat oil in medium skillet over high heat.
Add cumin seeds and fry. Once cumin seeds pop and sizzle, reduce heat to medium. Add onions to skillet and cook for 3 minutes.
Add green beans, turmeric, and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add ground coriander, ground cumin, and chili powder to beans and stir to mix. Cover and cook for 7 to 9 minutes.
Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish.