Paleo Pasta Salad with Avocado Oil Vinaigrette
This is not your ordinary pasta salad. Paleo-friendly and incredibly healthy, it's a great salad to choose if you're looking for something easy and fresh.
Click here to see more recipes on Cindy's Table.
- 1/2 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Cup avocado oil
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 Teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 4 Ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 Cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cooked chicken breast, from a rotisserie chicken
Up to 24 hours before serving, in a small bowl, combine the lemon juice with the dried herbs, garlic, and spices and the Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and then slowly whisk in the avocado oil. Set aside and refrigerate.
Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place halves cut side down in a large saucepan and add the chicken stock to a depth of 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer squash 20 minutes.
Drain and cool squash. With a fork, pull off spaghetti-like stands of the squash and place in a large salad bowl.
Add remainder of ingredients and toss with the spaghetti squash.
Top with vinaigrette before serving.