- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, mixed to a paste
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced very finely
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 bunch parsley, washed and picked
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tomato, chopped roughly
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil, preferably Atlantic Organic
- 8 organic eggs, preferably Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs
- 1 small tub ricotta
- 1 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
Grind the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, black pepper and sea salt in a mortar and pestle. Set aside.
Fill a saucepan with boiling hot water almost to the top and put in the asparagus. Blanch quickly for 2 minutes and remove and refresh with cold water.
Gently slice the asparagus spears in half.
Heat the olive oil gently in a fry pan and add onions and garlic. Sauté until translucent.
Add in the bell pepper, asparagus, tomato paste, tomato, and zucchini. Stir for 5 minutes.
Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with sea salt and pepper. Add the parsley to the eggs and slowly pour into the fry pan coating the whole pan.
Using a tablespoon, place dots of ricotta on top of egg mixture.
When the base is cooked, sprinkle the fresh spice mix and a splash of olive oil and put the fry pan under the grill for 5 minutes to cook the top of the frittata until golden.