- 2 Ounces extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 Pound duck sausage, outer skin removed and sliced into rounds
- 1 Pound orecchiette pasta, preferably imported
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced very thin
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced very thin
- 10 basil leaves
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 1/4 Cup cannellini beans
- 1/2 head escarole, trimmed, washed, and rough chopped
- Orange zest, for garnish
Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Brown the sausage until cooked through, then add the garlic, basil leaves, green onion, and red pepper flakes.
Continue to cook until the garlic is lightly browned. When the garlic is browned, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions.
Add the chicken stock and white beans to the sausage mixture and bring to a simmer. Next, add the escarole and cook until wilted. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and taste to make sure it is seasoned properly.
When the pasta is done, drain and immediately add it to the pan with the sauce mixture. Toss the pasta with the sauce and simmer for 30 seconds
Serve the pasta in you favorite bowl and garnish with fresh orange zest and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.