A true British-style marmalade is hard to find, but we have your back! We peel local Seville oranges by hand and they are never blanched or soaked so they retain all the citrus oils. Add it to a recipe like this marmalade cake and it’s teatime!
Recipe comes courtesy of Jamnation Jam creator Gillan Reynolds. Click here to check out the full Jamnation lineup of certified Fair Trade artisanal jams.
Adapted from Melissa Clark, NYTimes
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 Cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 Cup Cardamom knows Zest jam, or similar product
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 Teaspoons fine sea salt
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together softened butter, sugar about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Then, beat in Cardamom knows Zest jam and the orange juice.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Fold dry ingredients into wet until just combined.
Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake until surface of cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean, 50 to 55 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer pan to a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes; turn cake out of pan and place on rack right side up.
Cool completely before slicing.