Olive Garden's Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Spinach and Artichoke Dip is the most popular item not on Olive Garden’s menu.
Like any big restaurant, Olive Garden rotates its menu items to make way for new favorites and seasonal items. More than 3 years ago, Spinach & Artichoke dip came off the menu, and still today, Olive Garden receives more inquiries about the dip than any other menu item from very passionate fans on social media.
For all you fans, here is the REAL Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe
- 1 14-oz can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 Pound cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 Ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 6 Ounces fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except bread and extra virgin olive oil.
Coat a large non-stick baking pan with pan spray; fill pan with mixture. Bake at 325ºF for about 25 minutes or until bubbling and center is hot.
Drizzle both sides of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Grill bread on both sides.
Sprinkle top of heated dip with parmesan cheese. Serve hot with grilled bread.