"Nut-based smoothies have always been one of our absolute favourites, with their rich, creamy, sweet and satisfying flavour. To prevent the nutty taste from being too overpowering in this smoothie, we add some fresh blueberries to the bottom of the glasses or glass bottle. They balance out the flavours and at the same time create beautiful blue patterns in the smoothie. For extra finesse, we like to finish with a sprinkling of roughly chopped toasted salted nuts."- David Freniel and Luise Vindahl
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled (use frozen bananas for a thicker consistency)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, stone removed
- 3 Tablespoons hazelnut butter (or any other Nut Butter)
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
- 375 milliliters(13 fl oz/1½ cups) cold almond milk
- pinch sea salt
- fresh blueberries (or frozen, thawed)
- toasted, salted almonds or hazelnuts, roughly chopped*
Roughly chop the bananas and add to a blender along with the flesh of the avocado and the rest of the ingredients.
Blend on a high speed until completely smooth.
Divide the blueberries between two medium-sized glasses or put them in a large glass bottle (as featured in the photo). Muddle them slightly with the back of a spoon to release some of their juices.
Pour the nut smoothie on top of the muddled blueberries, finish with a sprinkling of the nuts and serve.
* To toast the nuts, take the roughly chopped raw nuts and toast them in a dry frying pan (skillet) on a medium heat with a pinch of sea salt for approx. 5 minutes or until golden. If you have a sweet tooth, try adding some cold-pressed coconut oil, a drizzle of pure maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt to the pan (½ teaspoon each of the coconut oil and maple syrup to every 2 tablespoons of nuts).