- Nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/4 Cup Nutella
- 3/4 Cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 Teaspoons milk
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with the cooking spray.
Stir the cinnamon and 4 tablespoons of the granulated sugar in a small bowl. In another small bowl, stir together the cream cheese and remaining sugar.
Unfold 1 pastry sheet onto a lightly floured work surface. Brush the pastry sheet with half the butter. Sprinkle with half the cinnamon-sugar mixture. With the short side facing you, cut the pastry sheet lengthwise into 6 strips. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 12 strips in all.
Twist 1 pastry strip then coil into a spiral. Place the pastry onto the baking sheet. Brush the end of the spiral with the remaining butter and tuck tightly under the bottom of the pastry. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips. Place 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon Nutella in the center of each pastry.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes.