- 3 Tablespoons packed chopped pitted dates
- 1 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Pour 2 cups boiling water over dates in a medium heatproof bowl and set aside to let soak until soft, about 15 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the soaking liquid and then drain dates and transfer to a blender. Add reserved water, vinegar, tamari, Dijon, yeast, onion powder and garlic and purée until smooth.