Who said nachos have to be hot, anyway? This "no-bake" recipe captures all of their essence without preheating the oven. Plus, it makes it easy on mom to put together a quick side dish for dinner.
- 1 small bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 head Romaine or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 Cups shredded Colby Jack cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- One 16-ounce can refried beans
Arrange the tortilla chips on a platter or 2, depending on how many you'd like to make. Layer in this order: refried beans (you may heat these if you’d like but it's preferred to leave them cold so that the chips don’t get soggy as fast), lettuce, cheese, sour cream, and tomatoes. You may have leftover chips from the bag.