To make a nut-free cookie dough, replace the peanut butter with 1/2 cup marshmallow creme.
- 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 Cup butter, softened
- 2/3 Cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla, preferably McCormick Small Batch Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 35 vanilla wafers)
- 1 Cup miniature chocolate chips
- 4 Cups vanilla ice cream, softened
Mix peanut butter and butter in large bowl until well blended.
Add sugars and vanilla; stir until blended and smooth.
Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs and chocolate chips.
Line 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
Press 1/2 of the dough into even layer pan.
Pat remaining dough on parchment or wax paper into 8-inch square.
Gently spread ice cream over layer on pan.
Flip 8-inch square layer onto top of ice cream.
Peel back parchment paper.
Cover with foil.
Freeze 3 hours or until firm.
Let stand at room temperature 2 to 3 minutes to allow ice cream to soften slightly.
Cut into 16 bars.
Wrap each in plastic wrap.
Store in freezer.