A homemade mayonnaise sauce with an added kick, thanks to the addition of Dijon mustard and freshly chopped dill.
Dollop mayonnaise on top of Gravlax-covered brioche points for a delicious alternative to crostini.
Adapted from “Welcome to Michael’s” by Michael McCarty.
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar, at room temperature
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the egg yolk, mustard, and vinegar. Process until smooth and light yellow. With the motor running, begin adding the oil through the feed tube in a slow, steady stream, increasing the flow as the mixture begins to thicken. Add the lemon juice and salt and white pepper to taste. Scrape the mixture from the processor bowl into a clean container. Fold in the dill.