Think all club sandwiches are created equal? Think again because this one is a keeper. No mayonnaise here — we sub in Greek yogurt instead for a healthy twist, and mango adds a tropical flavor to this party-friendly sandwich.
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 large Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves, trimmed to the size of the bread slices
- 1/2 large tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices roast turkey breast
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and sliced thinly
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and line a plate with paper towels.
Set the bacon on the foil and bake until golden and crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the bacon to the plate to drain.
In a blender, purée the avocado, yogurt, lime juice, and salt until smooth and creamy, about 25 seconds. Place the bread slices on a cutting board. Divide the avocado spread among the bread slices, spreading it into an even layer.
On top of 2 pieces of bread, divide the lettuce and tomato. Season the tomato with the salt and pepper. Divide the turkey and mango over 2 more bread slices, then place the turkey-mango-topped bread slices over the tomatoes. Invert the last 2 bread slices, avocado side down, over the mangos.
Skewer the 4 corners of each sandwich with toothpicks or cocktail swords. Use a bread knife to divide each sandwich into quarters and serve.