These delicious chocolate cakes are a great dessert for you to serve at your Passover celebration, and once you try them, you will never go back to any other recipe. These cakes are all about the chocolate, not the sugar, and use healthy fats, so you can satiate your cravings without the guilt. You know you are going to eat dessert anyway, so why not make it in the best way possible.
- One 7-ounce block 70 percent chocolate, such as Valrhona or Cordillera
- 1/8 Cup good cacao powder
- 1/6 Cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Cup hot, strong coffee
- 1/4 Cup extra-virgin coconut oil, plus more for greasing
- 1/2 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 drops coconut extract
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease four 4-inch tart dishes or eight 5-ounce ramekins with the coconut oil.
Chop the chocolate into 1-inch pieces and place in a food processor with the cacao powder and sugar. Pulse well until chopped. Add the hot coffee and pulse again until the chocolate has melted. Add the eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, and coconut extract and pulse to mix well. Pour the mixture evenly into your tart dishes or ramekins. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool a little bit and serve warm with vanilla ice cream on top.