Mini Guinness Chocolate Mousse
Irish chef Clodagh McKenna shares how to make her Mini Guinness chocolate mousses, which, despite the name, don't actually contain Guinness. Click here to see McKenna's demo video, as she walks you step-by-step through this recipe.
McKenna suggests swapping out coffee for vanilla, cardamom, raspberries, orange zest, or any other of your favorite flavorings.
- 7 Ounces good-quality chocolate, 70 percent cocoa solids or higher
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 Cup quality strong espresso coffee, cold
- 1 Teaspoon caster sugar, or superfine sugar
- 1/2 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Cup whipped heavy cream
- Grated chocolate or chocolate-coated coffee beans
Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl suspended over a saucepan of simmering water. Melt the chocolate, stirring often to make sure that no lumps form.
Remove the bowl from heat and stir in the egg yolks, coffee, sugar, and cream.
In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Pour the chocolate mixture into individual shot glasses and put in the fridge for 1 hour or until they are set.
To serve, top with whipped heavy cream and decorate with a grating of chocolate or a chocolate-coated coffee bean.