- 3 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 Cups buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup butter, melted
- 2 Cups plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Cup chopped strawberries
- 6 Tablespoons hazelnut spread, such as Nutella® Hazelnut Spread
- Olive oil spray for frying
Beat egg yolks well, then whisk in the buttermilk and melted butter.
Sift dry ingredients over egg mixture and fold in. When you are ready to cook the pancakes, whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold into batter.
Lightly grease frying pan and spoon in around ¼ cup batter.
Cook until bubbles form on uncooked side.
Before flipping the pancake, scatter a few blueberries onto the pancake and then flip. Cook until golden.
Keep in warm oven until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, simply spread layer of Nutella® on top of each pancake and top with chopped strawberries.