This recipe is a favorite of family and friends for every season. The ingredients leave room for you to personalize the dish, with toasted French bread (drizzled with olive oil) or garlic bread.
You can choose to leave the beans whole or purée some to make a thicker base, and any kind of greens can be substituted for the carrots or parsley.
- 6 large tomatoes (cut in cubes)
- 4 Cups cold water
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 2 medium carrots (chopped small)
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium potatoes (chopped small)
- 2 medium-sized garlic cloves (crushed with Himalayan salt in a mortar and pestle)
- 1 bunch of curly parsley (cut into small pieces)
- Minette's Gourmet Dry Marinade (Chicken & Turkey) to taste
Blend chopped tomatoes and carrots in the blender for 15 seconds. Leave small bits of carrots in the blender.
Place pot for soup on a medium heat and add oil. Add chopped onions and garlic and sautée, stirring with a wooden spoon.
Add chopped potatoes and stir for a minute. Add blended tomatoes and carrots. Stir all ingredients together.
Add seasoning all spice (to taste) and stir.
Add water and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on. Stir occasionally.
Add cannellini beans and stir, adding more water if required. Simmer for another 10 minutes, with the lid on. Taste, add parsley, and serve.