- 24 Ounces Johnsonville Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2 Cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 8 Ounces mild green chiles, diced
- 2 Cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Cups tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 10 eggs
- 2 1/2 Cups milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Cook sausages according to package directions; cut them into 1/4-inch slices; set aside. In a skillet, sauté onion and bell pepper in oil until almost tender. Stir in garlic and chili powder; cook for 1 additional minute. Next, add sausage and chiles; set aside.
In a bowl, combine cheeses, green onion, and cilantro. In a greased, 13-by-9-by2-inch baking dish, sprinkle one third of tortilla chips. Follow with one-half of the sausage mixture and one-half of the cheese mixture; repeat. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper sauce; pour over layered ingredients.
Sprinkle with remaining tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.