Use this recipe as a base for your own creation. Consider adding:
- crispy bacon crumbles
- ham cubes
- diced tomatoes
- avocado slices
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup uncooked macaroni
- 5 medium-size Idaho® potatoes peeled & cut into small pieces
- 2 Teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 5 Tablespoons butter, cut into cubes, plus more for serving
- 1/2 Cup milk warm
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
Cook pasta following instruction on the package.
Drain and set aside.
Place potato pieces into a saucepan and add enough water to cover.
Season with 2 teaspoons of salt.
Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft when poked with a knife.
Drain the water, add butter and milk and mash until the potatoes have a fluffy texture.
Season with salt to taste, then mix in cooked pasta.
Top with freshly cracked black pepper and chopped chives.
Serve with melted butter.