Markethouse Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe
While you might have to put some effort into finding some of the ingredients (duck fat and duck confit), this Thanksgiving stuffing couldn’t be easier to prepare. Plus, the extra effort will pay off dividends in extra flavor.
- 1/2 cup duck fat
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound duck confit
- 2 loaves brioche, toasted
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped and soaked in whiskey
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet, melt the duck fat over medium heat. Sauté the celery and onion for 10 minutes. In the same skillet, add the duck confit and warm. Add the toasted brioche, apricots, pecans, and apples.
Mix in the melted butter, chicken broth, and sage; the stuffing should be totally moistened. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve.