- 1 Pound salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
- Eight 6-inch metal skewers, or wooden skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup with lemon juice, both mustards, and 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil.
Thread the salmon onto skewers, and season all over with salt and pepper.
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering.
Add half of the skewers and cook over medium-high heat until browned on the bottom (approximately 1 to 2 minutes).
Flip the skewers — basting with the mustard glaze and turning occasionally — until glazed and nearly cooked through (about 5 minutes total).
Repeat with the remaining oil and skewers.
Transfer to a platter and serve!