- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Cups fresh mango, diced
- 1 Cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 –2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
Add the onions and garlic and sauté until onions are soft and translucent, about 8 minutes.
Add the mangos, tomatoes, habanero (1 habanero for mild heat or 2 for high heat), lemon juice, honey, salt and chili powder.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Pour into a blender and pulse until the mixture is blended, yet still has texture.
Stir in the cilantro and serve.
Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.