- ¼ cup chili sauce, such as Lingham’s
- ¼ Cup tomato ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 Tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -8 red chili, finely chopped
- 1 Pound Tiger prawns, cleaned and shelled
- ½ Cup low sodium quality chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch or rice starch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Teaspoon sesame seeds
Make the sauce by combining chili sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and keep aside.
Place wok over medium heat for 30 seconds, pour hot oil around the perimeter of the wok. Add garlic and chilies and stir-fry until the garlic is golden in color. Add in the chili sauce mixture into the wok and mix well. Allow the sauce to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Put in tiger prawns into the wok, and stir-fry on high heat, pressing the prawns against the hot wok. Pour in the chicken broth, mix well and cook for 2 minutes over high heat. Add the cornstarch mixture and lightly beaten egg. Stir-fry for another 1 minute until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.