- 1 Cup chicken stock, unsalted
- 1 1/2 Cup small shell pasta
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 Cup lowfat 2% evaporated milk
- 1 Teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon basil leaves, dried
- 1/2 Teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 Cup panko bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Pour stock into medium saucepan.
Add water to fill pan 3/4 full.
Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
Add pasta; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Drain and rinse pasta.
Meanwhile, halve the zucchini or tomatoes lengthwise.
Using a small spoon to scoop out small amount of flesh and seeds.
Place vegetables in 11x7-inch pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
Heat milk in medium saucepan on medium heat.
Stir in mustard with wire whisk.
Add flour, basil, oregano and pepper; whisk until well blended.
Cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
Add 1 cup of the cheese; stir until smooth.
Stir in cooked pasta.
Spoon pasta into vegetable boats, mounding as needed.
Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese then Panko.
Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until vegetable boats are tender.