New England Lobster Roll
Lobster rolls are a classic New England treat, made with fresh lobster meat and just a bit of seasoning and mayo, all piled high on a buttery brioche bun. Recipe courtesy of Lure Fishbar in New York City.
- 24 Ounces Maine lobster meat, freshly cooked and chopped
- 1 Cup finely diced cucumber
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 brioche buns
In a large bowl mix the lobster, cucumber, mayo, chives, mustard, lemon juice, and zest. Season with hot sauce and some salt and pepper.
Heat a sauté pan or griddle. Brush the butter onto both sides of the buns. Toast evenly until golden brown. Fill the buns with the lobster salad and serve.