- 1 Tablespoon butter, such as Darigold butter
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cup half and half, such as Darigold Fat Free Half & Half
- 3/4 Cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 16-ounce package egg pasta
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in flour.
Gradually add half and half, stirring with a wire whisk until mixture is blended. Cook, stirring constantly, 8 minutes or until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
Stir in 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, stirring constantly until melted. Add chopped tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Return pasta to hot saucepan. Stir in Alfredo sauce mixture. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.