- 1 bunch curly kale, washed and dried
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon salt, plus more for salting the water
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Pound spaghetti
- 1/4 Cup Pecorino, finely shredded
Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into thin, horizontal strips.
Add the kale to a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of the salt , black pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
Toss the kale with the dressing and set aside to marinate.
While the kale is marinating, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package directions. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the bowl with the kale and toss together well.
Use a few tablespoons of the pasta water to moisten the dish if needed. Add the shredded cheese, reserving a little for garnish, and toss. Garnish with the rest of the cheese and serve.