This pasta salad is fresh, bright, and flavorful. Chopped dill, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese add bursts of flavor, while a dressing of champagne vinegar and lemon juice complement the shrimp.
- 1/2 Pound orzo
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped dill
- 1/3 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Pound cooked large shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 1 Cup chopped cucumber
- 1 Cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 Cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 Pound feta, crumbled
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo according to package directions. Drain thoroughly. Don't dilute your dressing: Drain the pasta well before tossing it with the other ingredients. Here the orzo needs to sit in the colander for a few minutes and then spread orzo on a few paper towels to finish draining.
In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, and dill; add the oil slowly whisking. Add the shrimp and toss. Add the orzo, the scallions, the cucumber, the cherry tomatoes, the olives, and the feta to the dressing and toss. Serve warm or at room temperature.