Recipe courtesy of Cultivated Wellbeing.
- 1/2 Cup almond flour
- 1/3 Cup coconut flour
- 1/4 Cup ground flax
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 2/3 Cups coconut milk
- 4 pastured whole eggs
- 1 tabelspoons maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoom extra virgin coconut oil, melted (plus extra for the pan, or butter/ghee)
- Zest from 1 lemon (about 2 teaspoons)
- Juice from 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
In a microwave safe bowl, warm 1 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil in microwave until melted (about 20 seconds). In a large mixing bowl, add all wet ingredients, and then slowly whisk in coconut oil. Once all wet ingredients are mixed, whisk dry into wet.
Heat a skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil or ghee to the pan. Use a spoon to scoop the mix into the pan (about two spoonfuls per cake) and let cook for a few minutes on each side.
OPTIONAL: Sprinkle a little extra zest on the top of the stack before adding pure maple syrup