- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small summer squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 8 Ounces penne
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch spinach
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Cup white wine
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped Italian parsley
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
On a baking sheet, combine the asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper, and squash. Toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1 teaspoon of the pepper. Roast the vegetables for about 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserve 2 tablespoons pasta water, and set aside. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes and continue to sauté until the spinach is wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
Season with the remaining salt and pepper and dash of red pepper flakes. Add the white wine, lemon juice, and reserved pasta water and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5-7 minutes. Add the roasted vegetables to the skillet and toss to combine.
Add ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta to skillet and toss everything together. Simmer for 2-5 minutes to reheat the pasta. Transfer to a large serving dish. Garnish with the remaining Parmesan cheese and parsley.