Use your cubed cake for a quick and delicious trifle using a seasonal fruit compote. Layer cinnamon-flavored whipped cream, chocolate or vanilla pudding, or even plain Greek yogurt with leftover wedding cake and fruit compote.
- 2 Cups chopped fruit or berries
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- Pinch of grated lemon zest
- 2 Cups vanilla or chocolate pudding, or Greek yogurt
- 1 Cup cubed wedding cake, icing removed
- Fresh berries, for garnish
To make the fruit compote, combine the chopped fruit or berries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until fruit has become soft and most of the liquid has evaporated. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
In two tall glasses, layer the ingredients started with ½ cup of the pudding, ½ cup of the fruit compote, ½ cup of the cubed wedding cake, and another ½ cup of the pudding. Garnish with fresh berries.