- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 Cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 scallions, sliced into 1/4” discs
- 1 Tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 medium kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 Pounds chicken wings, broken into drummettes and flats
Combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, scallions, sesame seeds, sugar, kiwi, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Pour ½ cup of the marinade into a small bowl, and put in the refrigerator.
Put the chicken wings into the large bowl with the marinade. Massage the chicken pieces to make sure each piece is well covered in the marinade. With the chicken soaking in the marinade, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours.
Light your barbecue. Take the ½ cup of marinade set aside out of the refrigerator and blend it in a food processor until it is smooth. When the grill is really hot, place the wings on it, and cook for 8 minutes on each side, until cooked through. As the wings grill, baste them with the blended marinade. Serve immediately.