Khoresht Lubia Sabz (Persian Green Bean Stew)
This recipe is from The Paleo Foodie Cookbook; click here for more information on the cookbook. Saute the aromatics in ghee, a clarified butter, and then finish the stew with a bit of lemon juice to brighten it all up.
- 2 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 Cup onion, diced
- ¼ Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Pound stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ Cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in olive oil, chopped
- 2 Cups beef broth
- 1 Pound green beans, stems removed and cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Heat a skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add the ghee. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and turmeric and mix well. Season the meat with the salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and brown on all sides. Add the tomato paste and sun-dried tomatoes, and mix well. Add the broth, cover and simmer on low for 1 hour. Add the green beans and lemon juice, and simmer for an additional 30 minutes uncovered, until green beans are soft but not soggy.