Organic Kale Salad with Lemon
Curly kale and other hearty dark green vegetables are in season. Soaking the leafy green in a refreshing lemon and garlic dressing overnight will make the leaves more tender, and curb the bitterness. This side dish is rich in beta-carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C, and calcium — these vitamins will help ward away flu in the upcoming cold season.
- 1/2 Cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Cup organic lemon juice
- 3 cloves organic garlic, mashed
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch curly organic kale, ribs removed
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper flakes. Add kale, and toss to coat. Let sit 30 minutes to overnight.